Frequently asked questions about Brazilian bikini waxing
What is a Brazilian bikini wax?
A technique in which all or most of the pubic hair is removed with a low temperature-wax treatment.
This is a very customized type of waxing and will only be performed after careful consultation. How you choose to wax is an individual preference whether it is a bare look, a more natural look, or something inbetween.
How long will the results last?
The results can last between 2-3 weeks depending on the individual’s hair re-growth rate. With regular waxing the length of time between treatments will increase. Continued waxing results in sparse hair re-growth.
What are the possible side effects of waxing and how can they be minimized?
- Most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and wear sunscreen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating products or loofahs for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas.
- Regular exfoliation may be helpful, especially on leg and bikini areas.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.
- Products are available that can be applied topically to avoid in-grown hairs.
How long does Brazilian bikini waxing take?
Depending on the density of the hair growth, your waxing appointment will take approximately 15-25 minutes (time estimation applies to both men’s and women’s treatments. Individual consultations may vary).